Server synchronization (data replication)
As technology advances in recent years, data volumes are growing and more and more companies are finding it difficult to secure how much of that data should be backed up. The challenge is to minimize the cost of data backup while maximizing data security.
For a long time there was no alternative to tape drives, but these are expensive to buy, maintain and support, and priceless to many smaller companies.
Data backup between remote offices is also difficult to achieve with this solution.
euroNAS server synchronization software provides advanced tools to reliably back up your data.
To meet business needs and minimize disruption to production processes, backups must be successful and fast. Fast recovery of data is just as important.
euroNAS server synchronization is ideal for local backup of data (eg to a local drive), data replication to another euroNAS Backup Server, or data distribution between different offices.
Server synchronization uses its own checksum algorithm to synchronize (replicate) the data locally or over a network. For copying large files, only changed bytes within this file are synchronized to increase performance. This speeds up replication and protects the network.
Should the source server (main server) fail, users can access the data through destination servers until the main server is back online.
This is a significant improvement over traditional tape backups, which take much longer to recover. This minimizes downtime and increases productivity.
Data reconciliation between remote branches
Distributing tape backups between different offices is an expensive and very expensive option. With euroNAS server synchronization, the data can be synchronized quickly and easily.
Thanks to the possibility of determining the bandwidth for data transmission, other users can continue to use the VPN line as normal.
Data consolidation or data distribution
A euroNAS server can be used to consolidate company data.
It can be used as a central interface for backup, archiving and recovery. Likewise, it can be used as a source server for the distribution of data in the corporate network.
Flexible time control
Data synchronization can be conveniently and flexibly timed. It is possible to reconcile the data every hour (eg every 3 hours) or daily at a specific time.
euroNAS snapshot replication
The snapshot feature creates a snapshot of the data being replicated before replication, so that files that are currently in use can be transferred more reliably. This happens automatically during replication
- scheduling: Synchronization jobs can be scheduled weekday (including time) or hourly.
- WAN/ VPN support: The bandwidth used for replication can be set manually, or data can be compressed before being understood. This brings huge benefits for replication between remote sites
- ACL support: Data is copied along with its permissions. All POSIX ACL permissions are retained.
- File properties are retained: Synchronizing the files preserves the original owner or date and time.
- data compression: Files are compressed before they are sent. This saves bandwidth and speeds up the data transfer
- Byte-level incremental replication: Only the bytes that have changed in this file since the last synchronization will be copied.
- Extended logging: A separate log file is created for each replication job.
- Snapshot replication: Before replication, a snapshot is created, which is then replicated (improved data consistency).
- email feedback: Optionally, an e-mail report can be received after each data replication.